Snafu

Default Sportfishing Boat Builders

I live in the Portland area, and use my boat (a 17' Arima Sea Ranger,
http://www.arimaboats.com/) to fish for salmon off the mouth of the
Columbia. Is this the type of fishing you have in mind? Or are you
thinking more about using a boat in the Columbia and Willamette Rivers?

I'm limiting my reply only to inboards and I/Os. As someone pointed out,
Sea
Sport (http://www.seasportboats.com/) is a popular boat. I also see a lot
of Olympic boats (http://www.olympicboats.net/).

If you are interested in used boats, one of the most popular boats in the
size you are looking for is the 26' Tollycraft. Tollycraft is no longer in
business, but I've never heard a bad word about their boats. Here's an
example of the model I'm talking about:
http://brinsfield.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=1035&step=4.

The Portland Boat Show just ended yesterday. Perhaps you can make it to the
Seattle show Jan 16 - 25?

Good luck in your search!

"Pops" wrote in message
nk.net...
I am moving to the Portland Oregon area and am interested in buying a
sportfishing boat in the 21-28 foot range. I have done some searching on

the
net and found only builders that offer models with outboards. I am looking
for an I/O or inboard builder. Anyone have any names to pass me?

thanks