JAXAshby

bob, jeffies started his sailing career with a boat specifically advertised to
old men, and then regressed to training wheels.

bob, don't expect much from jeffies. as a kid he was chosen last and then put
in rf, batting 10th. today, his wife balances his checkbook for him..Well,
Jeff, anyone can say having two of everything is an advantage because
of
the redundancy factor, but then why not have 3 of everything. This is
exactly
the sort of spin-like answer you get from multi-hullers, and the reason for
the
original post. All talk from multi-hullers is defensive of their choice (or,
in your case, ad hominem attacks - you've been on ASA too long), rather than
an
honest discussion of the pro's and con's. Even Chris White's book is pure
advocacy. It's too bad, because some folks out there are just looking for
the
straight poop. Happy sailing to you.

JAXAshby

You started your post implying all
catamaran owners are liars!

he should have stated it as a fact instead?

Jeff Morris

You stated "started his sailing career." In fact, the boats I learned to sail
on, at age 11, were Cape Cod Mercury's and Oday DaySailors. Within 10 years I
had sailed on a wide variety of boats - that's what happens when you race on the
intercollegiate circuit. I even had a ride on the then America's Cup defender,
Intrepid.

So 20 years later, after sailing and owning a variety of boats, I chose a
Nonsuch 30 as a coastal cruiser, to take friends out for short trips and cruise
the New England coast with my family. Many knowledgeable sailors considered
this the ideal boat for the purpose. We certainly loved it.

So tell us jaxie ... What kind of boat do you have? In all you ranting you've
never talked about actually being in command of a boat. You never talked about
taking your family, or any other guest out on any boat. What a sad, pathetic
life you must lead, jaxie.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jeffies? you cruised with your family on a 420?

my statement stands. you owned a boat you stated you cruised with your

family
that is and always has been advertised as an old man's boat, before you

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
[...]

JAXAshby

I chose a
Nonsuch 30 as a coastal cruiser, to take friends out for short trips and
cruise
the New England coast with my family. Many knowledgeable sailors considered
this the ideal boat for the purpose. We certainly loved it.

a boat that is now and always has been advertised as an "old man's boat". That
is the boat you traded in for training wheels.

Difficulty Tracking Straight in Kayak No Spam General 4 August 31st 04 07:21 PM
Answer to #2 Bobsprit ASA 0 June 16th 04 12:39 PM
Radar Arc's and blips, the answer Steve Cruising 20 December 25th 03 12:07 AM
Waiting for Bobshit's answer Horvath ASA 6 September 21st 03 11:31 PM